June 25, 2022
Legal Assistant – Part-Time Night-Shift
We have an excellent in-person part-time opportunity for an experienced Legal Assistant to provide night-shift secretarial support to attorneys from various departments such as corporate, bankruptcy, State and Federal Court litigation and trusts and estates. Litigation, transactional, and trust and estates experience preferred. The hours for this position are Monday through Friday, 4:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m. although there is some flexibility.
Responsibilities typically include, but are not limited to:
- drafting, revising and proofreading correspondence and other legal documents per attorney instructions;
- electronically filing documents on various Court websites;
- typing and filing;
- entering time sheets and billing;
- creating and maintaining client files;
- calendaring transaction deadlines;
- preparing closing binders;
- providing overflow coverage for other secretaries;
- faxing, copying, scanning, and data entry;
- other duties as assigned.
The Ideal Candidate must:
- be proficient with MS Office Suite (including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint);
- have excellent grammar, writing, editing, and proofreading skills;
- be organized, a quick learner, detail-oriented, responsive, comfortable multi-tasking and working for different attorneys and have a positive “will-do” work ethic;
- be able to operate standard office equipment such as copier, fax machine, etc.;
- be able to work in a team-oriented environment but work independently and without supervision;
- have the ability to multi-task;
- be reliable with a good attendance record – this is critical.
This is a regular part-time, hourly position. Qualified candidates should send their resumes and salary requirements by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. EOE