April 19, 2023
We are currently seeking a full-time Staff Accountant in our Garden City office. The Staff Accountant supports the Controller with a wide variety of functions which include general ledger transactional processing, financial analysis, monthly reporting, annual audit support and the implementation of financial and compliance controls. The Staff Accountant will be responsible for cash reporting and will assist with billing, bank reconciliations, IOLA accounting and accounts payable. S/He will report to the Controller.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for daily cash receipts and reporting.
- Assists and backs up accounts receivable, billing, accounts payable and banking, including reconciliations and the review of supporting documentation.
- Prepares supporting schedules for specific general ledger accounts, analyzes and reconciles specified balance sheet accounts on a monthly basis.
- Processes and posts journal entries for routine transactions into the ProLaw System and ensures accuracy of the General Ledger.
- The coordination of the monthly and year-end closes including working with outside accountants on the annual review.
- Prepares periodic financial and administrative reports.
- Performs financial analysis as appropriate to support informed decision making.
- Performs other duties as needed or requested, including administrative duties involving filing and distribution.
This job has no direct supervisory responsibilities at this time.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Accounting degree required.
- Three to five years of related accounting experience in a professional services environment preferred.
- Solid understanding of accounting practices and principles.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite with a high degree of proficiency in Excel.
- Experience with ProLaw Accounting System preferred, but not required.
- Proactive problem-solving skills.
- Effective time management skills, critical attention to detail and deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Analytic and detail-oriented, with good organizational skills.
- Self-motivated, high initiative and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and multi-tasking team environment with firm deadlines.
- Excellent financial and analytical skills.
In addition to our competitive salary, we offer an excellent benefit package, including medical, HSA, Flexible Spending Plan, 401(k) with an employer match and paid vacation. MHH is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified candidates should forward their resumes along with compensation requirements to Lisa Markus, HR Manager at email@example.com.