January 8, 2019
Junior Help Desk Analyst
We are looking for a Junior Help Desk Analyst to support our IT team.
The Junior Help Desk Analyst will serve as the first point of contact for users seeking technical assistance in person and/or by phone, email or text; will have good technical knowledge and be able to communicate effectively to understand problems and explain solutions. Will perform troubleshooting through diagnostic techniques and pertinent questions to determine the best solution based on issue description. The junior analyst will work alongside the senior analyst as a team dedicated to keeping the end-user systems in our Garden City and Manhattan offices running smoothly.
Although the position is based out of our Garden City office, the analyst will be required to service our Manhattan office. This will require remote work and recurring visits to NYC.
Primary Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Serve as the first point of contact for users seeking technical assistance in person or remotely
- Answer queries on basic technical issues and offer/implement solutions as necessary
- Perform remote troubleshooting through diagnostic techniques and pertinent questions
- Determine the best solution based on the issue and details provided by users
- Step the user through the solution process, if necessary
- Direct unresolved issues to the next level of support personnel (Senior Help Desk Analyst)
- Provide accurate information on IT products or services
- Record events and problems and their resolutions in our Help Desk database
- Follow-up and update user/issue status
- Pass on any pertinent information to others on the team
- Identify and suggest possible improvements on procedures
- Proven experience as a help desk technician or other user support role
- Proficiency with various versions of MS Windows, iOS, the entire MS Office Suite, Adobe Acrobat and related PDF applications
- Tech savvy with working knowledge of office automation products, databases, remote assistance software and RDP
- Good understanding of computer systems, mobile devices and other tech products
- Ability to diagnose and resolve basic technical issues
- Proficient in troubleshooting system anomalies with other technicians utilizing subscription-based technical support as needed to resolve complex issues
- Possess a patient and kind demeanor while dealing with staff
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- User-oriented and cool-tempered
In addition to our competitive salary, we offer an excellent benefit package, including medical, dental, vision, HSA, Flexible Spending Plan, 401(k) with an employer match, Profit Sharing Plan and paid vacation.
Qualified candidates should forward their resumes by email to: S. Broner, HR Manager – firstname.lastname@example.org. EOE