March 29, 2021
Corporate/Commercial Real Estate Paralegal (Garden City Office)
We are currently seeking a paralegal to join our Corporate and Commercial Real Estate practice groups.
- Draft and finalize entity organization documents, amendments, and ancillary documents for attorney to review
- File with the appropriate entity jurisdiction and monitor until entity formation or completion.
- Review and revise stock agreements and prepare agreements for signatures and obtain required information in preparation for stock certificate distribution.
- Draft amendments, affidavits, and acknowledgment required for stock agreements or asset purchase agreements.
- Correspond with various State Departments regarding procedures of certain filings such as qualifications, amendments, and license applications.
Commercial Real Estate and Lending
- Draft, review, and finalize loan documents to be reviewed by attorney.
- Prepare Transfer Tax documents for New York State and New York City properties.
- Conduct electronic due diligence through the various DOS Corporations, State Records & UCC, DOB, DOF, and ACRIS; interact with property management companies.
- Assist in preparing closing loan documents signatures and assist attorneys in closings.
- Prepare closing binders, including hard copy and electronic copy for delivery to the lender, borrower’s attorney, and third parties.
- Monitor, review upon receipt, and prepare recorded and filed loan documents for delivery to the lender.
- Correspond with title companies and various state departments regarding filing, recording, requirements, and deadlines.
- Draft and file UCCs, including initiations, amendments, continuations and terminations.
- Review surveys, title reports and update attorney of all findings
Candidates should be able to function completely in at least one of the practice areas and be prepared to train in the alternate practice area.
In addition to our competitive salary, we offer an excellent benefit package, including medical, HSA, Flexible Spending Plan, 401(k) with an employer match, Profit Sharing Plan and paid vacation.
Qualified candidates should forward their resumes to: Patricia Isaacson HR Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org EOE