July 7, 2021
Administrative Assistant – Conflict Checks & New Matter Intake
We are seeking a reliable team player who is highly adaptive, possesses technological proficiency and works well under pressure. Must be detailed oriented, organized and possess great communication skills (both verbal and written). Prior law firm experience preferable but will consider training an entry-level candidate.
- Monitor and process all conflict check requests; coordinate conflict check emails and responses; search clients and other parties named through firm’s databases. Responsible for the accuracy, thoroughness, and completeness, both current and historical, of all searches.
- Reviews and analyzes search results; identifies any possible conflicts; when necessary, initiates communications to discuss results with attorneys and management for resolution.
- Ensures any conflict of interest issues are resolved including obtaining documentation such as declination correspondence; waivers; ethical wall placement and any other processes required. Generate all conflict check clearance email communications.
- Process new matter forms ensuring completeness; reviews engagement letters for consistency; verifies compliance with firm policies and applicable procedures. Monitor submissions which need additional approvals such as pro-bono matters, fiduciary appointments, etc.
- Coordinate the new matter intake process including but not limited to data entry in Firm systems; confirmation of accuracy of information and completeness; create and distribute paper files per attorney preferences; digitize searchable new matter sheets, conflict check clearance and any supporting attachments in document management system.
- Handle requests for revisions to existing client and matter level records (including verification and any research necessary).
- Monitors engagement letter status spreadsheet, verifies engagement letter on file and follows for fully executed client engagement letters.
In addition to our competitive salary, we offer an excellent benefit package, including medical, HSA, Flexible Spending Plan, 401(k) with an employer match, Profit Sharing Plan and paid vacation.
Qualified candidates should forward their resumes to: Donna Federlein, Office Administrator at email@example.com. EOE