Matthew J. SimonCounsel
Matthew J. Simon concentrates his practice on complex real estate and corporate transactions. His practice involves advising family offices (domestic and foreign), real estate companies, developers, financial institutions, start-up companies, and high-net worth individuals in connection with real estate and corporate credit facilities, development projects, acquisitions and dispositions of real property, leases, joint ventures, mergers and acquisitions, corporate structuring and private placements. Mr. Simon also provides strategic real estate, corporate and business advice to clients.
St. John’s University School of Law, J.D.
Articles Editor, New York International Law Review
Brooklyn College, B.S.
Mr. Simon is admitted to practice in New York. He is also admitted to practice before the United States District Courts for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York.
- Negotiated and drafted Joint Venture Operating Agreement regarding real property located in New York City, which resulted in a fifteen (15) year commercial lease with rent of $250 Million.
- Advised clients and drafted a private placement memorandum and ancillary Reg. D offering documents regarding a $300 Million Real Estate Opportunity
- Structured and drafted LOI and Joint Venture Operating Agreement and Private Placement Memorandum regarding a $100 Million Real Estate Private Equity Fund.
- Finalized deal terms and closed equity syndication transaction regarding the acquisition of a real estate portfolio in the amount of $20 Million (total price of portfolio was approximately $75 Million).
- Crafted and negotiated various corporate and real estate documents relating to the development of an approximately $250 Million oil and gas storage facility located in The
- Negotiated and drafted a Purchase and Sale Agreement (along with local counsel) regarding the acquisition and re-development of a resort hotel located in Antigua with a value of approximately $75 Million and also negotiated various concessions with the Government of Antigua.